Monday, December 13, 2010

Blue Prints For A Pool Table

Archives XXI XX

Nighter


O oppressive night, the source of my insomnia! I have no other remedy against you a long walk in the moonlight. The storm has passed, but still the persistent rumble of thunder.

The wind is a breath caresses. Despite the heavy humid air, the night after the rain delights me. See, this summer mist low over the glistening streets, the trees tormented by the recent flurry of rumors! Feel, the air heady charge of storm! Listen to the serenade of crickets shrill off! The celestial dome

hid under her veil her firmament ink ... and then?! The vigil is no less fanciful, very smooth, like a Chagall.

While my peers are in their delusions thank you dream, I want to venture alone in the park where everything seems to sleep. Feeling insolent, I salute the officer candidly nuitard in full tour of surveillance. He looks at me with suspicion, then returns to his state of sleepwalking, regardless of my intentions.

I crumble nonchalantly on the wet grass and then exhale all the ease of finding myself in this beloved garden. I contemplate the lake in a state of complete bliss: the scales of fish swim happily in the opal moon waltz water. This water ballet would have been touching if not a generous beam moon had both lit. It's a real reward night for my flight! My head hangs like heaven tin, my eyelids are lead, ribbed like a terrestrial globe, but my soul is light, like water lilies floating ....

Through the translucent clouds, the sun bathed in silver wave obscure. Captivated by his reflection, I let fatigue creep in me.

Won by the languor of the evening, in the ethereal light of dawn, my spirit sinks into the abyss of deep sleep without dreams.
Nathalie Benoit,
On March 12, 2002

0 comments:

Post a Comment